Two Solutions – How to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Instantly?
In this write-up, we will discuss the solution to export Office 365 mailbox to PST. A lot of users are suffering from the same issue and finding a perfect way for solving this. Just continue reading this article till the end, and get the complete step-by-step guide for exporting the mailbox.
Nowadays, Office 365 has been used widely by most IT organizations to manage data properly. It is a better email application and is basically a Cloud-Based Service that can handle the organization’s data. But if users are securing their data in O365, then also it is better for them to take some precautions. What basically means is that they have to store their data as a backup for future purposes. It is better to export the mailbox from Office 365 to PST.
PST, on the other hand, is one of the better file formats that store the entire mailbox items properly without facing any kind of issues. Here, in the next section, we are going to tell you both the manual and a professional solution to export the Office 365 mailbox to PST instantly.
Manual Solution to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Using Outlook
Here, in the solution, we will continue to use the Outlook Email account to export the data. What do we need to do? We just need to configure the Office 365 account in Outlook first and then, using the Import/Export Wizard, we need to export the mailbox data to PST.
Follow the Steps:
- Open Outlook Email Client.
- Configure your Office 365 Account there.
- Go to the File Menu. Open & Export >> Import / Export.
- Choose “Export to a File” >> Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Select the folders that you want to export.
- Enter the destination location where you want to store.
- Protect the resultant PST file with a specific password.
Hence, these steps also allow you to export O365 Mailbox data. But, for this, it is not guaranteed that you export the data in bulk and there may be some data loss issues.
Free Way to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST using eDiscovery
Office 365 (Exchange Online) does not provide a direct way to export the data. Hence, one of the inherited features has been developed by Microsoft, i.e., eDiscovery PST Export Tool. For continuing with this, you must have permission to access eDiscovery Manager.
You can anytime, follow the steps to export the data using the eDiscovery Export Tool by Microsoft.
Automated Approach to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
To clarify better, we recommend you to use PCDOTS Email Converter Tool to carry out the task instantly. The software is flexible to use and can be easily operated by all the users whether they are from technical or from a non-technical background. Moreover, users can export Office 365 Mailbox to PST including entire mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendars, and others.
This utility also allows users to selectively export the data according to their needs and requirements. It also provides an advanced Filter option to carry out some needed data using different intents. The date range option will carry out the emails of a particular date duration.
Just download the mentioned Office 365 to PST Export Tool for free of cost and start the process.
Simple Steps to Export O365 Mailbox to PST
- Run the mentioned tool in your system.
- Add Office 365 account thereby entering credentials.
- Select the needed data that you want to export.
- Choose PST as the Export option.
- Get the exported PST files.
How to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST File? – Complete Steps
- Install and launch the mentioned Export tool in your existing Windows OS system. Go to the Open Menu.
- Select Email Accounts >> Add Account >> Enter Office 365 login details.
- The account will be added to the panel, and you can be able to see the entire preview of the account on the panel.
- Then, choose the needed number of mailbox data present on the panel that you want to export.
- After that, go to the Export Menu and select PST as the file format.
- Enter the destination location where you want to store your data and click on Save.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, and you can be able to see the final exported message on the screen.
Hence, by performing these simple steps, you can easily export the O365 mailbox directly to the PST format without facing any kind of data loss issues.
Note: Want to go opposite in this? Just continue reading the article to import PST files to Office 365.
Benefits of Office 365 to PST Export Tool
- The tool is easy to use and provides a flexible GUI for all the users whether they are novice or professional users.
- Just by entering the correct login credentials, it can easily configure the account in the software.
- It will display the data in multiple view modes such as content view, hex view, raw message, and email headers. Professionals use this for Email Forensic Investigation purposes.
- Possible to select the required number of files or folders that you want to export.
- Stores the data at the user-defined location or by default, it will be directly saved at the Desktop Location.
- Allows users to include email headers, delete empty folders, and restore old folders at the end of the Export process.
- Runs on all the versions of Windows OS such as Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, and other 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS.
Therefore, we had mentioned the two different solutions in detail to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST. The manual and free way to export the data is so much longer to use and you need to put more effort there. So, we recommend you continue with the second solution and carry out the results properly. Furthermore, this utility is effortless to use and for any kind of help, you can anytime connect with our technical team experts.