How to Remove Metadata from Video? An Easy Guide
Remove metadata from video using the simple procedures outlined in this article. This PCDOTS post is intended to assist people in obtaining the best answer on “how to remove all metadata from a video” in order to safeguard privacy from internet scammers. Continue reading this educational blog post to obtain your appropriate answer.
Quick Steps to Remove Metadata from Video
- Right-click the video (MP4) file and choose Properties.
- Select details and remove properties and personal Info.
- Now, select specific attributes or select all and click OK.
Remove Video Metadata | WHY
- When we share video files via email or social media, we also share some critical metadata that we often overlook. These video files, like any other files we provide, include metadata that contains critical information.
- Devices such as computers and mobile phones attach metadata to the video files we create. These small pieces of data can be about your company, name, location, devices, and more. If you share your digital files without removing metadata, you can risk losing them to a web criminal.
- Computers and mobile phones, for example, add metadata to the video files we make. These insignificant bits of information may relate to your organization, names, locality, gadgets, and much more. You run the danger of giving personal information to an online thief if you share it without deleting the metadata.
Thus, it is advised to remove video metadata online before posting them on YouTube or social media sites like Facebook or Instagram in order to protect privacy and prevent online fraud.
Manual Ways to Remove Video Metadata
It is simpler to remove metadata from video using manual techniques, although it does have certain limitations. You can only delete metadata from one video file at a time using the free manual methods. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to comprehend the strategy.
Method#1: Remove Metadata from Video with Windows Explorer
- To begin, right-click the Video files and choose Properties.
- When a box displays, select the “Details”
- Select “Remove Properties and Personal Information” from the bottom.
- Now, check the box next to “Remove the following properties from this file”.
- You may now pick particular attributes such as Title, Subtitle, and Rating tags, or you can “Select All”.
- Finally, click the “OK” button to remove metadata from video.
Method#2: Remove Video Metadata Online with VLC Media Player:
VLC is a popular free multimedia player that can also be used to manually remove video metadata for free. Here are the steps to use VLC to remove metadata from a video.
- Open VLC player.
- Click “Media” in the menu bar and select “Convert/Save“.
- Add your video file.
- Click the “Edit Selected Profile” button.
- Go to the Packaging tab and uncheck the Save Metadata option.
- Click Save to save your profile.
- Click Browse to choose a destination for the converted video.
- Click “Start” to start the conversion without metadata.
Method#3: Remove Metadata from Video on Mac
It’s quick and easy to remove Metadata from videos on Mac.
- Open the video media file after going through the Preview.
- Select Tools, then Show Inspector to view the location data.
- Select Remove Location info on the GPS tab to remove any references to your video media file.
As previously stated, you can only delete metadata from one file at a time with manual approaches. So, if you have a large number of video files, this method may not be suitable for you because it may take hours or even several days. If you wish to remove video metadata in bulk, try the following method.
A Quick Way Remove Metadata from Video on Windows
One of the best and most efficient solutions to strip metadata from MP4 is PCDOTS Metadata Erasure Tool. This application has been specifically created to remove metadata from all types of media, including audio, video, and other formats. This video metadata remover can only be used with Windows and their recent and older OS versions. It is a time-saving solution that can delete metadata from several video files at once.
To assist you in understanding how to scrub metadata from video on windows 10 and other version using the software, we have explained all of the processes that you must take. We recommend that you carefully follow them in order to correctly wipe metadata from a video files.
A Step-by-Step Process to Scrub Metadata from Video
- Download the video metadata remover. After that install and run it to remove metadata from video on Windows.
- Once the tool window opens, you need to click the Open tab, then select the Choose files or Choose folders option. If you want to delete metadata from video file in bulk, click the Choose folder option.
- Start browsing the video files and then upload all of them to the software to remove video metadata.
- Once all the video files have been uploaded to the tool; click the “Action” button and select the “Clear Metadata” option.
- Finally, browse the location to save the resulting files and click the Save button to delete metadata from video.
So, that’s how to remove metadata from video using video metadata remover, which appears to be quite simple. We have explained some of the software’s characteristics in addition to how the it works. You must examine them in order to determine the tool’s applicability for you.
Video Metadata Remover | Key Advantages
- Free to Use: Video metadata remover is initially free to use. Once you download it, you will be presented with the free version. The free edition only allows you to delete metadata from a limited number of video files.
- Simple to Use: The graphical user interface of the proposed video metadata remover is one of its best things. Using it to remove metadata from video files presents no difficulties.
- Bulk Removal Capabilities: The application has the ability to bulk delete metadata from video files without any limitations. You can select any number of video files or folders and erase all of their metadata at once.
- All-in-One Software: The application is all integrated into one software that can remove metadata from a broad variety of files. The utility can delete metadata from Excel files, RTF files, Word documents, PDF files, and other types of files in addition to video. Consider this app whenever you wish to delete Meta.
- 100% Secure Software: The video metadata remover for Windows knows just what to wipe from your video files. Its goal is to scrub metadata from video files while protecting other material. There will be no modifications to your final output files.
- Software Compatibility: The software can only be launched on a Windows device. You can remove all metadata from video on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and other operating systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the metadata of a video?
A) Video metadata is information contained in a video file that includes details such as the date and time it was recorded, the camera or device used, location data, and more.
Question 2: Does removing metadata affect video quality?
A) No, removing metadata should not affect the quality of the video itself, as it usually only changes the metadata information without changing the video and audio content.
Question 3: Is it necessary to remove metadata from videos?
A) Well, sometimes it is necessary to remove video metadata to safeguard privacy from online scammers. Metadata properties attached to your video files can display information about your location, which can sometimes be dangerous.
Question 4: Does the metadata in the video files also show the location? If yes, how can I wipe location metadata from a video file?
A) Most of the time, the location of a video is automatically added by your digital camera. You can only update or wipe out the estimated locations. If the location of a photo or video was automatically added by your camera, you can’t edit or remove the location.
- On your Android phone, access Google Photos.
- Open the video from which to strip metadata.
- Tap the More option, and then tap Edit.
- Add or select a location from your recent locations.
- To remove the estimated location, tap Remove Location.
Question 5: If I get the license key, can I use the video metadata remover on multiple PCs?
A) Well, there are different license packages for the video metadata remover. You may purchase any one based on your requirements. For example, if you need to use the software on two PCs, you may buy a personal license.
Question 6: I have 158 video files; can I delete metadata from all of them at once?
A) Yes, our Video Metadata Remover can scrub metadata from an unlimited number of video files at once.
Question 7: Can I use a video metadata remover on Mac?
A) Our app only support Windows. It does not remove metadata from Video on Mac.
Question 8: Can I remove video metadata online?
A) Yes, you may remove metadata from video online. However, some of the tools are not safe as they store your media for a longer period of time. As a result, using an offline video metadata remover is preferable.
We have offered you a wonderful solution to your question “How to remove metadata from video”. We have provided you with a manual method to remove video metadata. It does not, however, enable the removal of information from batch files. Alternatively, we have provided you with the greatest video metadata remover.