Remove Metadata from Excel 2019, 2016, 2013 and Below Version
Excel files are one of many that include metadata when they are created. To shield the crucial information from the digital con artist, the metadata of these Excel files must be erased before they are distributed around the internet. If you utilize Excel files and frequently share them online, you must delete the metadata from them. We’ve talked about a terrific way to remove metadata from Excel below, which you should check out right now.
In addition to more private information like the addresses of your workstation and hard drive, secret data in the sheets, and remarks you added to the worksheet, metadata also includes identifiable information like your initials, complete name, or company name. You can protect your privacy by removing the metadata from your Excel file before sharing it with others or the public by using the best Excel metadata erasure tool.
An Excellent Method to Remove Metadata from Excel
Metadata Erasure Software is one of the best and most effective tools developed by PCDOTS. This app can easily remove all metadata from excel file in few simple steps. It is a smart tool that knows what to remove from your files; therefore it aims to protect the other properties while removing only the metadata. It is a stand-alone tool that can clear metadata from Excel file without requiring you to download additional settings.
This application is packed with tools that you may use to simplify the metadata wipe process and obtain more accurate results. Below, we’ve covered some of its main characteristics. We recommend that you investigate them to see if the application best meets your requirements.
Why PCDOTS Excel Metadata Erasure Tool Is the Better Choice ?
- Suitable for Everyone: Regardless of your level of technical experience, you may easily use this tool to delete metadata from excel. It was created with the user’s ease in mind; hence it has a simple GUI.
- Erase without Restrictions: The suggested application has the capacity to bulk remove metadata from Excel without displaying any errors, limitations, or processing delays. It is unrestricted and can delete metadata from an unlimited number of Excel files at the same time.
- Data Selection Modes: The application provides you with two options for selecting and uploading Excel files into the application. You can either pick individual Excel files or directories containing many Excel files. If you wish to mass wipe metadata from Excel, use the Choose folder option.
- Remove Metadata from All Versions: The app supports removing metadata from any version of Excel files. With the help of the application, you can remove metadata from Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and earlier versions.
- Support for All Variants: The software was created so that it could work with all Excel files. You can delete metadata from XLS, XLSX, XLT, XLSM, and other Excel files with the software.
These are some of the characteristics of the instrument that make it appropriate for you. Now that you’ve read about the tool’s characteristics, you should look at how it works. We’ve gone over some of the methods below; follow them to successfully remove all metadata from excel file.
You May Also Read
Step-by-step Process to Delete Metadata from Excel
- Install and run the PCDOTS Excel Metadata Removal Tool.
- After starting the software, go to the Open tab and choose one of the choices to browse and upload Excel files into the tool.
- After uploading all of the files into the program to remove metadata from Excel, you must click the Action button. Then select the clear metadata option.
- Choose a location to save the resulting files. Finally, to erase metadata from Excel file, click the Save button.
Thus, that is how you may wipe metadata from Excel files using the software, which appears to be simple.
If you have any questions concerning the software, you should read the QNA section below to discover answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any manual way to remove metadata from Excel ?
The manual method calls for technological expertise on your part. You can manually remove all metadata from Excel file by following the methods listed below.
- Choose “Info” under the “File” menu, then click the “Check for Problems” icon.
- Choose “Inspect Document” from the drop-down menu.
- To include all forms of metadata in the examination, check each box, then click “Inspect.”
- Examine the inspection’s findings in the Document Inspector dialog box.
- To remove a particular metadata category from the document, click the “Remove All” option next to it.
Can I use the software to remove metadata from document files in addition to Excel files?
Our application has many wonderful features and is all-inclusive. You may remove metadata from audio files and video files as well as document files like PDFs and other formats with the aid of the software.
Can I remove metadata from Excel file on a Mac using the software?
Only devices running Windows are compatible with our software. Mac OS is not yet supported by it. In Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and earlier, you can delete metadata from Excel file using the software.
You may now simply remove metadata from Excel, both manually and automatically. We have provided you with a fantastic tool as well as a manual way to delete all metadata from Excel files. While the manual method necessitates technical knowledge, the automated tool is simple. You can download the software from the URL above and use it for free at first.