Remove Metadata from Excel 2019, 2016, 2013 and Below Version
Excel files are one of many that include metadata when they are created. To shield the crucial information from the digital con artist, the metadata of these Excel files must be erased before they are distributed around the internet. If you utilize Excel files and frequently share them online, you must delete the metadata from them. We’ve talked about a terrific way to remove metadata from Excel below, which you should check out right now.
In addition to more private information like the addresses of your workstation and hard drive, secret data in the sheets, and remarks you added to the worksheet, metadata also includes identifiable information like your initials, complete name, or company name. You can protect your privacy by removing the metadata from your Excel file before sharing it with others or the public by using the best Excel metadata erasure tool.
Table of Contents
A Manual Way to Remove Metadata from Excel
- To begin, open the Excel file from which you want to remove the metadata.
- Pick the “File” tab, then the “Info” tab, and finally the “Check for Issues” box.
- Choose “Inspect Document” from the menu.
- To incorporate all forms of metadata in the examination, tick each box and hit “Inspect.”
- Examine the examination results in the Document Inspector dialog box.
- To remove a particular metadata type from the Excel file, click the “Remove All” option next to it.
So, that is how Excel remove metadata manually, which appears to be quite simple and quick. Yes, it is, but there are some things you should consider before utilizing this free method to scrub metadata from Excel.
Challenges with the Manual Approach
- It takes a long time to manually remove metadata from excel.
- Microsoft Excel must be available on your Windows computer.
- To delete metadata, you must examine each Excel sheet individually.
- Depending on the version of Microsoft Excel, the manual method may change.
Are you unsure if you should choose to remove Excel metadata manually or not? If so, please allow us to assist you. Here, we’ve also covered a professional strategy that can help you get around all the drawbacks of the manual technique. So, have a look.
An Excellent Method to Scrub Metadata from Excel
Metadata Erasure Software is one of the best and most effective tools developed by PCDOTS. This app can easily remove all metadata from excel file in bulk and few simple steps. It is a smart tool that knows what to remove from your files; therefore it aims to protect the other properties while removing only the metadata. It is a stand-alone tool that can clear metadata from Excel file without requiring you to download additional settings.
This application is packed with tools that you may use to simplify the metadata wipe process and obtain more accurate results. Below, we’ve covered some of its main characteristics. We recommend that you investigate them to see if the application best meets your requirements.
Why is Using Software to Scrub Excel Metadata a Better Option?
(1) Suitable for Everyone: Regardless of your level of technical experience, you may easily use this tool to delete metadata from excel. It was created with the user’s ease in mind; hence it has a simple GUI.
(2) Erase without Restrictions: The suggested application has the capacity to bulk remove metadata from Excel without displaying any errors, limitations, or processing delays. It is unrestricted and can scrub metadata from an unlimited number of Excel files at the same time.
(3) Data Selection Modes: The application provides you with two options for selecting and uploading Excel files into the application. You can either pick individual Excel files or directories containing many Excel files. If you wish to mass scrub metadata from Excel, use the Choose folder option.
(4) Remove Metadata from All Versions: The app supports removing metadata from any version of Excel files. With the help of the application, you can remove metadata from Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and earlier versions.
(5) Support for All Variants: The software was created so that it could work with all Excel files. You can delete metadata from XLS, XLSX, XLT, XLSM, and other Excel files with the software.
(6) Built-in Preview Function: The application allows you to view Excel files before removing metadata from them. You can view the complete information in Excel files including contacts, address, etc.
(7) Search Functions: The tool to scrub metadata from Excel allows you to find specific things in your Excel files. You may find a specific Excel file among many or a specific contact with just one click.
These are some of the characteristics of the instrument that make it appropriate for you. Now that you’ve read about the tool’s characteristics, you should look at how it works. We’ve gone over some of the methods below; follow them to successfully remove all metadata from excel file.
Step-by-Step Process to Delete Metadata from Excel
- Install and run the Excel Metadata Remover software to scrub Metadata from Excel.
- After starting the software, go to the Open tab and choose one of the choices to browse and upload Excel files into the tool to scrub excel metadata.
- After uploading all of the files into the tool to remove metadata from Excel, you must click the Action button. Then select the clear metadata option.
- Choose a location to save the resulting files. Finally, to erase metadata from Excel file, click the Save button.
Thus, that is how you may wipe metadata from Excel files using the software, which appears to be simple.
If you have any questions concerning the software, you should read the QNA section below to discover answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the manual method to remove metadata from Excel 2010 ?
A: You can manually scrub metadata from Excel file 2010 by following the steps listed below.
- Click “Info” under the “File” menu, then click the “Check for Problems” icon.
- Then, Choose “Inspect Document”.
- Check each box, then click “Inspect.”
- Examine the inspection’s findings in the Document Inspector dialog box.
- Lastly, click the “Remove All” option to remove metadata excel metadata.
Question 2: Why should I use the tool when I can remove Excel metadata manually ?
A: Manually scrub metadata from Excel takes longer because you have to inspect each Excel file one at a time. This limitation is overcome by the software’s ability to remove metadata from any number of Excel files or folders at once.
Question 3: Can I use the software to remove metadata from document files in addition to Excel files?
A: Our application has many wonderful features and is all-inclusive. You may remove metadata from audio files and video files as well as document files like PDFs and other formats with the aid of the software.
Question 4: Can I remove metadata from Excel file on a Mac using the software?
A: Only devices running Windows are compatible with our software. Mac OS is not yet supported by it. In Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and earlier, you can delete metadata from Excel file using the software.
Question 5: How to scrub last modified by in Excel?
A: You can use the best Excel Video Metadata remover to scrub metadata from Excel. It allows you to completely remove metadata be it last modified, time, author name, etc.
Question 6: Is there a limitation when deleting Excel files’ metadata in bulk?
A: No, the tool has the ability to simultaneously remove metadata from several Excel files.
You may now simply remove metadata from Excel, both manually and automatically. We have provided you with a fantastic tool as well as a manual way to delete all metadata from Excel files. While the manual method necessitates technical knowledge, the automated tool is simple. You can download the software from the URL above and use it for free at first.