How to Import MBOX to iCloud Mail? Discover Top Two Ways
While MBOX is an email file format that can only be accessed with a compatible desktop email client. In contrast, iCloud is a cloud-based service that allows you to access your data from various devices at the same time. Many people require to import MBOX to iCloud Mail for a variety of reasons. If you are one of those people looking for a solution, you will find one in this helpful post.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of uploading MBOX files to iCloud
- How to manually import MBOX files into iCloud?
- What circumstances make manual methods unhelpful?
- How to import mailbox files into iCloud Mail expertly?
- A thorough guide on how to mass import mbox to iCloud
- Principal advantages of professional software
- Answers to frequently requested questions
MBOX Files into iCloud | Why
MBOX is a file type that can store a substantial amount of email and its attachments. Thunderbird, Mac Mail, IncrediMail, Spicebird, SeaMonkey, Opera Mail and other email clients can open MBOX files. However, if you do not have any of the email clients described, you may not be able to quickly view the MBOX files. At that time, iCloud may be able to assist you in dealing with the matter.
(1) iCloud makes it simple to share photographs, files, notes, and other information with friends and family. You can also use iCloud to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
(2) iCloud comes with a free email account as well as 5 GB of data storage. You may sign up to iCloud+ for greater storage and more benefits.
(3) Data stored in iCloud is secured, and two-factor authentication ensures that only trusted devices may access your account.
Therefore, importing MBOX files to iCloud not only gives you flexibility in data access, but also many benefits. Now, let’s move forward in this post and get the ultimate solution to import MBOX to iCloud for free.
How to Import MBOX to iCloud Mail?
In general, there are two ways to sync MBOX files with an iCloud account. The manual approach is the first, and the professional approach is the second. Please read through these for a better understanding of the strategy and related steps we have outlined below.
Method 1: Use Thunderbird to Move an MBOX File to iCloud
- Start Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer
- In Thunderbird, set up your iCloud account
- Once iCloud Mail is added to Thunderbird, navigate to Ad Ons
- Install the ImportExport NG Plugin in your Thunderbird now
- Allow the plugin to run before proceeding to the dashboard
- Right-click on the folder and pick the Import folder option
- Scan the MBOX file and import it into Mozilla Thunderbird
So, that is how you may import MBOX to iCloud Mail free manually. However, before you go with this technique, there are several things you should consider.
Manual Method | Is it Worth Using
- If you are a non-technical user, this manual approach is not for you because it requires technical understanding on the part of the user.
- To manually import an MBOX file into iCloud, you must have a Thunderbird account set up on your device.
- You will not be able to load MBOX files into iCloud selectively.
Please take a look at our next tactic to get around all of these restrictions.
Method 2: Use Expert Choice to Sync MBOX Files into iCloud
The best option for importing MBOX files to iCloud Mail is MBOX to IMAP Converter. This all-inclusive application eliminates all the drawbacks of the manual method. It is totally self-contained and does not require you to have a Thunderbird account set up on your device. It is a straightforward strategy that involves only a few simple steps. You can learn how to use the tool by following the instructions outlined below.
You can get the utility for free by clicking the link provided. The link above will take you to a demo version that will allow you to import the first ten MBOX files to iCloud Mail and also allows you to open MBOX files for free.
Step-by-step Guide to Import MBOX Files to iCloud Mail
- Download, install and launch the MBOX to iCloud Import Tool on your device
- Click the Open tab >> Email Data File >> MBOX Files >> Choose Files or Choose Folders.
- Start browsing the MBOX files or folders and import them into the MBOX to iCloud free converter.
- Once all the MBOX files have been imported into the tool, review
- Click the Export tab, and then select IMAP as the MBOX export option.
- Enter the iCloud Mail credentials and click the Save button to import MBOX to iCloud Mail.
The MBOX to iCloud migration will then begin, and you will be informed when it is complete. Let’s go on to learning more about the tool’s further attributes.
Learn More about the MBOX to iCloud Migration Tool
(1) The application’s simple interface and lack of complexity make it helpful for users with and without technical expertise.
(2) It may import MBOX to iCloud Mail in bulk, including attachments and other properties.
(3) The utility allows you to open and read MBOX files. Additionally, you can look at the email’s hex and raw data.
(4) It enables you to search for certain emails and attachments using criteria like size, time frame, and email address.
(6) It is entirely self-contained and may import MBOX files into iCloud using Thunderbird or another account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How to import MBOX files to iCloud Mail professionally?
- Download, install and start the software
- Import MBOX files / folders into the tool
- Click Export and select IMAP saving option
- Enter iCloud credentials and click Save
Question 2: Why should I use the software when I can convert MBOX files to iCloud manually?
A: The manual solution necessitates the usage of a Thunderbird account. Furthermore, it is unsuitable for specific data migration. On the other hand, our MBOX Converter Tool is totally self-contained and is appropriate for both bulk and specialized data migration.
Question 3: Can I import MBOX to iCloud free?
A: Yes, the PCDOTS MBOX file to iCloud converter has a free version. However, keep in mind that the free edition is just accessible for testing and evaluating the product before purchasing the full version.
Question 4: Is the tool compatible with Mac?
A: The utility does not yet enable importing MBOX files to iCloud Mail. It is currently only compatible with Windows-based devices.
We have provided you with two excellent methods to import MBOX to iCloud Mail. While the manual approach is more difficult and complicated, the automated approach is straightforward and extremely advantageous. You can go over both techniques in this post and choose the one that best suits your needs.