How to Make OFT File in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Create Email from Outlook Template File?
Do you want to know how to create an OFT file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.? If your answer is yes, then don’t worry as in this blog post team PCDOTS is describing the step-by-step process to create an Outlook template file and also use them to send email. After reading this informative blog post these types of queries will be solved.
- How to create OFT file in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019?
- How to create email from Outlook Template File (OFT)?
Before starting the process to create an Outlook Template File first know the little information about Outlook File Template (OFT).
What is an OFT File?
OFT File is also known as Outlook File Template that can be used as an email template with the same important specific information. Microsoft Outlook email client users can save their valuable time and effort by sending pre-formatted email messages. In this digital world, many digital marketing experts use OFT files for sending marketing emails, support-related emails, offer emails, etc.
Watch Video Tutorial to Create OFT File in Outlook
How to Create OFT File in Outlook?
- Start Microsoft Outlook personal information manager (PIM) program and choose a New Email option.
- Fill and write information in Outlook email template like To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, Text Information, HTML Links, Images, etc. After that press the File button to continue.
- Click on the Save As button from Microsoft Outlook options as shown in the respective screenshot.
- After that choose Outlook Template (*.oft) file option from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, click on the Save button to store OFT file at default storage location i.e. C:\Users\admin-hp\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.
How to Send Email Using .oft Template?
- Run your Microsoft Outlook email client and choose the Developer option.
- If you are unable to find a developer option in your MS Outlook then right-click on anywhere of Outlook Menu bar and choose to Customize the Ribbon option.
- After that, check the Developer option and press the Ok button. Now you will be able to see Developer option in your Microsoft Outlook menu ribbons.
- Now select Developer << Choose Form option from Outlook.
- Choose User Templates in File System option from the drop-down menu and hit on the Open button to continue.
- Select an OFT (Outlook File Template) and click on the Open button to continue.
- Here you can see your OFT file including saved information. Now you can easily create an email from Outlook Template File.
Some Tips and Tricks for Managing OFT File Better
- PCDOTS OFT Converter software is available in the online marketing place. The tool is capable to convert OFT (Outlook File Template) into several email files (PST, MBOX, EML), document files (PDF, HTML, Text, CSV, vCard, ICS), and email services (Gmail, Office 365, IMAP).
- PCDOTS Free OFT File Viewer is a 100% freeware software that is capable to preview Outlook File Templates in the absence of MS Outlook email client. If your Outlook got corrupted and unable to start then you can proudly use this Windows Software.
It’s Time for Final Words!
After reading this complete blog post, anyone can make OFT file using the above-mentioned steps. You can send email using .oft template files without facing any problem. PCDOTS team uses actual screenshots with complete detailed information so all enterprise-level and home users can easily create Outlook Template File.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is an OFT file in MS Outlook?
Answer 1: An OFT file, also known as an Outlook template file, is a pre-formatted email message that acts as a template in Microsoft Outlook.
Question 2: Is it possible to integrate dynamic content in my OFT template?
Answer 2: Yes, you may use placeholders in your OFT template to add dynamic material. Outlook enables feature like “Quick Parts” for adding recipient-specific information, such as names and addresses.
Question 3: Where are my OFT files saved on computer?
Answer 3: You may select the location where OFT files are saved when using the “Save As” option. By default, OFT files are generally saved in the “Templates folder” within your Outlook profile directory.
Question 4: How do I use an Outlook template (OFT) file to send email?
Answer 4: To use an OFT file to send email, open Microsoft Outlook, compose new email, and select the Developer tab. Now, select File System User Template >> Choose Template >> OFT template. Finally, customize the template as needed before sending it.
Question 5: Are OFT files compatible with email applications other than Outlook?
Answer 5: OFT files are intended for use with Microsoft Outlook only. While some email applications may allow you to import OFT files, it is best to use them in Outlook.