How to Convert PNG File to GIF Animation Files?
Do you wish to bring more attention to your PNG images? If yes, you must convert them to GIF files. GIFs are animation files that may convey any thoughts considerably more effectively than any static file type. We have provided a detailed instruction on how to convert PNG file to GIF file below, and we suggest you consider it.
PNG (Portable Network Graphics) and GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) are both the image file type but their characteristics are almost different. While PNG files are good for transparency and color combinations, GIF files are best for multi-layered, multi-page styling. We have described some of the reasons why you should convert PNG to GIF and invite you to read them.
Quick Steps to Convert PNG File to GIF Animation
- Download and launch PNG to GIF converter free.
- Select and Add PNG images into the software pane.
- Click Export and select GIF from the list of options.
- Select location for output files and click Save
Reason to Convert PNG to GIF Animation
1. Smaller File Size
GIF files have a smaller file size when compared to other picture file types. This property can be handy when uploading photographs to the internet because it allows them to load faster without sacrificing quality.
2. A Professional Appearance
Animated GIF files can also support transparent backgrounds. This will also help to give a more professional appearance to a website that has animation on a different background.
3. Improve Message Conveyance
Animated GIFs convey any thought effectively. It may show movements and feelings that a standard image cannot. Take note that cartoons can readily entertain younger audiences, making them desire to pay close attention to details.
So, these are some of the advantages of GIF files that you may not have with PNG files. Now let’s have a look at the best way to convert PNG image to GIF.
How to Convert PNG File to GIF | Manual Ways
You have to use MS Paint of Adobe Photoshop application to manually and free convert PNG to GIF image. We have described simple steps to use both Photoshop and Paint to convert PNG image to animated GIF, please review them.
Method 1: Using MS Paint Application
- Open the Microsoft Paint app on your Windows device.
- Click on the File >> Open tab to open your PNG image
- After that, click again on File >> Save As
- Name your output file and change Save As to GIF (*.gif)
- Click the “Save” button to save the image as a GIF file.
So, this is how you may convert PNG to GIF animation on Windows 10 and other version using MS Paint. Now, let’s take a look at how we can do it using the Adobe application.
Method 2: Using Graphics Software (Adobe Photoshop)
If you prefer to have more control over the conversion process, you can use graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). Here’s how to do it using Photoshop:
- Launch Adobe Photoshop and open the PNG file by clicking File > Open and selecting the PNG image.
- If you want to make any adjustments or add effects to your image before converting it to a GIF, create a new layer by clicking the New Layer button in the Layers panel.
- If you’re creating an animated GIF, you can set the duration for each frame by going to Window > Timeline and then selecting Create Animated Frame.
- Go to File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy). In the Save for Web dialog box, make sure the Format is set to GIF. Adjust settings such as dithering, colors, and transparency if needed.
- Click the Save button to save the PNG file as a GIF.
These methods should help you manually convert PNG file to GIF animation based on your preferences and the tools you have available. However, you must also be aware of the limitations of these manual approach.
Limitation of the Manual Approach
- The manual process is time consuming and hectic as well.
- It allows you to convert only one image at a time and is not suitable for batch conversion.
- MS Paint only saves images as GIFs, so the duplication of images will increase.
The solution to overcome all limitations of the manual approach is with our following approach.
An Instant Way to Convert Multiple PNG Files to GIF at Once
Image Converter Software is the solution that may easily overcome all the drawbacks of the manual approach. It allows you to convert PNG file to GIF in bulk while preserving the image quality. It is a complete image conversion solution that supports a wide range of image file types. It is Windows based and available for free. You can get this PNG to GIF converter from the link below and use it for free at first.
It is easy to use and designed with many advanced features. We have listed all the working steps of the tool below and recommend you to check it out.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Convert PNG File to GIF in Bulk
- Download, install and run the PNG to GIF converter on Windows.
- Hit Open button and then GIF Files. following that, click Choose Files / Choose Folders. We suggest you to continue with folder option to convert PNG to GIF in bulk.
- Browse and import PNG files into the app and preview them, if needed.
- Click the Export button and select GIF files from the list of different options.
- Click the Browse button to specify the destination path to keep the output.
- Finally, click the Save button to convert PNG image to GIF.
- Once the PNG to GIF conversion is complete, you will be notified.
So, this is how you can automatically convert PNG file to GIF. This method looks much better than the manual method because it saves time and is easy to use. You can go through some of the features of the tool below if you want to know more about it.
PNG to GIF Converter | Basic features
- The application provides a very simple and user-friendly GUI to convert PNG to GIF animation.
- It can convert PNG image to animated GIF in bulk while maintaining image quality.
- PNG to GIF converter has the ability to view photos. It allows you to open and view PNG files before converting them.
- It enables you to specify the preferred destination to keep the output files instead of offering you the default location.
- This is an all-in-one image conversion tool that can also convert PNG files to JPG files, PNG files to TIFF, and other image file types.
- It is a completely standalone application and does not require you to use additional applications to convert PNG file to GIF.
- This PNG to GIF converter is compatible with Windows and may convert PNG to GIF on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and lower.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the difference between PNG and GIF?
A: PNG is a high-quality, lossless image format. GIF is a compressed format used for simple animations and graphics with a limited color palette.
Question 2: Why should i convert PNG file to GIF?
A: Converting PNG to GIF may be necessary when you want to create animations, reduce the file size for web use, or when compatibility with older software or web browsers with limited PNG support is required.
Question 3: Are there any restrictions when converting from PNG to GIF?
A: Yes, there are some limitations to consider. A GIF file has a limited color palette of 256 colors, so if your PNG file contains more colors, you may experience loss of color detail.
Question 4: What software can convert PNG to GIF?
A: Use graphics software (such as Photoshop), or professional PCDOTS PNG to GIF converter.
Question 5: Can I convert a GIF image to PNG again?
A: Yes, you can convert a GIF file back to a PNG file, but note that doing so may not restore the lost image quality or colors that occurred during the initial conversion to GIF.
We have brought you two best ways to convert PNG file to GIF. You can use MS Paint, however, this approach only lets you convert one image at a time. Alternatively, you can use the best PNG to GIF converter. This method can convert PNG image to animated GIF in bulk. You can follow each of the approaches above and think about which method works best for you.
You can download and use this PNG to GIF converter for free from the link above. If you have any question regarding the tool, feel free to ask us anytime.